About the Building Department:
The City of Key West Building Department consists of four divisions: Permitting, Plan Review, Inspections, and Floodplain Management. All divisions are committed to protecting the health, safety, and welfare of our community. We continually strive to provide fair and equitable services to our customers through continued education and interpretation of Building Codes and Ordinances.
The entire staff serves as representatives of the Department and provides various information to the public about building procedures, licensing requirements, zoning issues, and code compliance.
Dedicated payment phone line: 305-809-3738.
- Why do I need a Building Permit?
- What types of work need a Building Permit?
- What work is unlawful without a Permit?
- How do I get a Building Permit?
- What are the requirements for owner builders?
- What is a Demolition Permit?
- How do I get an Electrical Permit?
- Why do I need a Mechanical Permit?
- How do I get a Mechanical Permit?
- Why do I need a Plumbing Permit ?
- How do I get a Plumbing Permit?
- What is an inspection?
- When is a Certificate of Occupancy (C.O.) required?
- When is a Certificate of Occupancy (C.O.) issued?
- When is a Temporary Certificate of Occupancy issued?