Contractors' Examining Board (CEB)
The Contractors’ Examining Board (CEB) shall have the power to:
- Determine if a license or certificate of competency of any contractor should be suspended for any violation of Chapter 14, Article III of Chapter 18 and Article II of Chapter 34 and fix the length of time for such suspension
- Revoke the license or certificate under the provisions of Chapter 14, Article III of Chapter 18 and article II of chapter 34
- Appoint a city employee to investigate any complaints made against a licensed contractor and determine whether it shall take administrative action against the contractor, including the levying of a fine in accordance with Code of Ordinance Section 2-324
- Direct the city’s investigator to initiate prosecution for an alleged violation against the contractor
- Call upon members of the industry to advise and assist it
- The examining board shall have the power to examine and issue certification to plumbers and electricians, as set forth in Code of Ordinance Section 2-325
- Although the CEB is open to the public, the Board only discuss issues that are on the agenda, or what the Chairman chooses to discuss as new business
Contractors who wish to work statewide must pass a state exam. To work in a specific county, must possess a registered license.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Assistance
It is the policy of the City of Key West to comply with all requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Please call the TTY number 800-955-8771 or for voice 800-955-8770 or the ADA Coordinator at 305-809-3811 at least five business days in advance for sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or materials in an accessible format.