Historic Architectural Review Commission (HARC)
The Historic Architectural Review Commission (otherwise known as HARC) was created by the City Charter and oversees the preservation and conservation of the character, integrity, and appearance of the historic preservation districts, as well as for buildings individually listed in the National Register of Historic Places and buildings listed as contributing in the Historic Structure Survey of the City.
Online Permits & Applications
The City of Key West has added the ability to apply for HARC Projects and Permits, and Tree permit applications online via the eTraKiT website. You will need to create an account to login and submit your application. For payment of fees and further assistance please call Margarita Pedroza at (305) 809-3720.
If you would like to make a public comment about a project, please email the comments to HARC staff. Make sure to include the property address in the subject line. Public comments should be sent by Monday, 10:00 am, the day before the HARC Commission Meeting when the item is to be heard. This is to ensure time for the HARC Commissioners to review the comments. Public comments can also be made in person at the meeting.
- HARC Fee Schedule (PDF)
- HARC Major Projects Application (PDF)
- 2020 HARC Meetings Schedule (PDF)
- HARC Major Projects Checklist (PDF)
- HARC Before and Afters (PDF)
- HARC Demolition Appendix (PDF)
- City of Key West's Certified Local Government Agreement (PDF)
- Disaster Planning for Florida's Historic Resources (PDF)
- Disaster Mitigation for Historic Structures: Protection Strategies (PDF)
- Florida Certified Local Government Guidelines (PDF)
- Historic District Map (PDF)
- Map of Key West Historic District (PDF)
- Protecting Florida's History from Hazards (PDF)
- Secretary of the Interior's Standards and Guidelines for Rehabilitating Historic Structures (PDF)
- Structures Individually Listed on the National Register of Historic Places (PDF)