- Our Community
- Adaptation & Resilience
- Resources for Residents
Resources for Residents
FEMA grant for Home Elevation, Demolition/Reconstruct or Sell:
- Program administered by Monroe County. Deadline November 2. Need Elevation Certificate and detailed quote.
Fair Insurance Rates in Monroe (FIRM):
- Keyswide Home Elevation Education Project. Access a great source of information on Home Elevation. Videos and flyers on what to expect when financing and permitting.
Florida Sales Tax Exemptions for Wind Hardening:
- Consumers can purchase qualifying home hardening products exempt from tax during the Home Hardening Sales Tax Exemption. Passed by the Florida Legislature and signed into law by Gov. Ron DeSantis, the sales tax exemption begins Friday, July 1, 2022, and extends through Sunday, June 30, 2024. Click the link to access frequently asked questions for consumers compiled by the Florida Department of Revenue.
Florida Sales Tax Exemptions for Energy Star:
- Consumers can purchase qualifying ENERGY STAR® appliances exempt from tax during the 2022-2023 ENERGY STAR® Appliances Sales Tax Exemption. Passed by the Florida Legislature and signed into law by Gov. Ron DeSantis, the sales tax exemption began on Friday, July 1, 2022, and extends through Friday, June 30, 2023. Click the link to access frequently asked questions for consumers compiled by the Florida Department of Revenue.
Keys Energy - Efficiency Rebates
- KEYS' rebate program is made possible through a joint partnership with the Florida Municipal Power Agency and public power utilities throughout the state. Rebates range from $25.00 to $450.00, depending on the appliance, with money being awarded to KEYS' customers on a first-come, first-served basis.
KEYS' customers can select from the 13 rebate options available and download the applicable forms for more information and applications by clicking on the links below.
- Ceiling Fan Rebate Form
- Central AC Rebate Form
- Clothes Washer Rebate Form
- Dehumidifier Rebate Form
- Dishwasher Rebate Form
- Duct Leak Repair or Replacement Rebate Form
- Ductless AC Rebate Form
- Hot Water Heater Timer Rebate Form
- Programmable Thermostat Rebate Form
- Refrigerator Rebate Form
- Room AC Rebate Form
- Solar Water Heater Rebate Form
- White Roof Coating Rebate Form
Monroe County Weatherization Program:
- Grants are available for qualifying low-income homeowners to improve windows and doors, air infiltration, attic insulation and roof coating, window tinting, lighting, air conditioner repair and replacement, and appliance repair and replacement.
- The Department of Financial Services is implementing the My Safe Florida Home Program, recently re-enacted by the Florida Legislature. The program has two primary components: 1) Provide a home inspection that identifies recommended improvements a homeowner may take to mitigate hurricane damage. 2) Eligible homeowners within defined areas of the state may apply for a matching grant to perform work on their homes to retrofit their properties to make them less vulnerable to hurricane damage. For news and updates regarding the program, please subscribe here.
Army Corps Florida Keys Coastal Storm Risk Management:
- The Army Corps performed a study to identify all structures at risk of coastal storms. The study was submitted to Congress and is awaiting funding. If funded, the monies would provide 65% of the cost to strengthen 48 critical infrastructure areas keys wide, as well as for the elevation of 4,697 homes and floodproofing of 1,130 businesses. This would be a voluntary program; the resident or business shall expect to fund 35% of their mitigation.
Inflation Reduction Act, Tax Credits for Homeowners (Program begins January 1, 2023, and last ten years)
Section 25C. Homeowner Improvements:
- Up to 30% tax credit on eligible homeowner improvements: Insulation, weatherization, duct sealing, water heaters, energy star windows and doors, and home energy audits.
Section 25D. Residential Clean Energy Credit
- 30% investment tax credit for onsite residential solar electric, solar water heating, small wind energy, geothermal heat pumps, and batteries
Section 30D. Clean Vehicle Credit
- Up to $7,500 on new, qualifying clean vehicles (EV, hydrogen, etc.) Up to $4,000 on used clean cars, up to 30% of the sales price
HOPE for Homes. Home Efficiency and Electrification Rebates
- Rebates doubled for low- and moderate-income homeowners.