Take your own supplies:
- Cots or beds are not provided. Bring pillows, sheets, blankets, a portable cot or air mattress, a chaise lounge, folding chairs, or sleeping bags.
- If you are on a special diet, bring a supply of nonperishable food sufficient for three (3) days per person.
- Multiple changes of clothing and sturdy shoes.
- Required medications and medical support equipment, like wheelchair/walker, oxygen, dressings, feeding and suction equipment, diapers, etc.
- Personal hygiene items, like toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, towels, brush/comb, dentures, glasses, eye drops, diapers, etc.
- Entertainment items, like games, cards, books, magazines, etc.
- Wi-fi and cell signals may not be available.
What to Bring to a Shelter:
- Masks and Hand Sanitizer
- Water and Food
- Drinking water in plastic containers (1 gallon per person per day for three (3) days)
- Nonperishable food in cans or sealed containers (enough for three (3) days)
- Special dietary foods, baby food, formula, manual can opener, paper products, and utensils
- Portable ice chest with ice
- Clothing and Bedding
- Extra clothes and shoes
- Sleeping bag, blanket and pillow, and lightweight, portable lounge chairs
- Rain gear
- Wash clothes, towels, soap, toothbrush, paper towels, and toilet paper
- Baby Supplies
- Clothes and blankets
- Formula, bottles, and food
- Medications and First Aid Supplies
- Medication marked with your name, dosage, type of medication, and doctor's name *Must be able to administer all medications
- First Aid supplies in a waterproof box
- Important Papers
- Name and address of doctors
- Name and address of nearest relatives
- Identification and valuable papers
- Games, cards, toys, battery-powered radios, and flashlights
- Take a bath and eat before you leave home
- Register immediately upon entering the shelter
- Residents are required to complete registration before entering the shelter.
- No weapons, alcohol, or illegal drugs
- No smoking allowed in shelters
- 'Lights out' quiet time will be enforced
- No pets in the general population area except service animals
- Children must be attended to at all times. Parents are not allowed to leave the premises without them
Americans Disability Act (ADA) assistance is available at all local shelters.