Code Compliance can no longer investigate anonymous reports.
As a result of amended Florida State Statute (F.S.S.) 162.06, state law prohibits the investigation of anonymous reports of potential violations of municipal property codes.
The person reporting a potential code violation or issue is now required to supply their full name and address, and this information will become part of the public record.
This applies to submissions made in person, phone, or by e-mail to the Code Compliance Department. This also applies to submittals made to Key West Connect powered by SeeClickFix.
The City of Key West Code Compliance Department is committed to protecting our community's health, safety, and welfare. We continually strive to provide fair and equitable services to our citizens and visitors. The staff serve as representatives of the Department and provide information and services to the public regarding code compliance. We will exhibit professionalism through continued education and teamwork to accomplish our mission.
Walk-in hours for Code Compliance at City Hall
Monday through Friday
8:00 AM to 5:00 pm.
Report a Violation
The office at City Hall is closed on weekends. However, if you would like to report a possible code violation when the office is closed, you may call (305) 809-3740 and leave a message with your full name, address, and phone number.
- I have a Code Lien on my property. Who do I contact to resolve?
- What should I do if I have an complaint to report after City Hall is closed?
- May I store my boat, trailer or RV on the City street?
- What are the permitted days and hours for construction work?
- What can I do if my landlord is not maintaining the interior of my dwelling?
- Who do I call when I have not received a call back from the Code Inspector?