The City of Key West is one of the world’s most remarkable urban environments. Its historic streetscapes, unique culture, and beautiful environment are a magnet for residents and visitors. Maintaining and improving the fabric of the City is one of the Planning Department’s most important tasks. The Department works with the community to craft policy documents, such as the adopted Comprehensive Plan, that guide future actions. We also work to create regulations to implement policy directives through the adopted Land Development Regulations (LDRs). On a day-to-day basis, our staff meets with the public to help interpret regulations, explain development approval processes, and discuss specific projects.
Meet with a Planner
Make an appointment to meet with a planner on Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Boards & Committees
Agendas, minutes and packets for the following boards can be accessed through Legistar:
- Art in Public Places (AIPP)
- Development Review Committee (DRC)
- Historic Architectural Review Commission (HARC)
- Planning Board
- Tree Commission
- Can I subdivide my property to create a new lot?
- What is required to build an addition on my house?
- Do I need a building permit or other permits to erect a fence, shed or other accessory structure?
- Who do I contact if I believe unpermitted construction is occurring?
- What are the sign regulations for my business?