The City of Key West has declared a State of Local Emergency due to potential effects of Tropical Storm Elsa.
Tropical Storm Elsa is expected to begin affecting Key West and the Lower Keys late Monday afternoon and through the night until Tuesday.
The following are precautions that residents need to be aware of:
- The Lower Keys Shuttle will not run on Monday.
- Transit’s North and South Lines and the Duval Loop will stop running at noon Monday.
- All City offices will be closed on Tuesday, July 6.
- The special City Commission meeting Tuesday is cancelled and will be held Monday July 12th at 5 p.m.
- Monday trash pickup will proceed as normal. Put bins away before Monday afternoon.
- Tuesday trash pickup will be delayed. Do not put out trash for Tuesday pickup until the storm has passed on Tuesday.
- Do not put out large items or excess yard waste; it will become a hazard in the storm.
- Key West City parks and the Community Pool will close at noon on Monday.
- July 4th fireworks display is NOT cancelled.
The City of Key West has opened an information hotline at 305-809-1101. In addition, Monroe County has up-to-date information at on their emergency management webpage.