The City of Key West has declared a State of Local Emergency due to potential effects of Tropical Storm Elsa.
The following are precautions that residents need to be aware of:
- The Lower Keys Shuttle will not run on Monday.
- Transit’s North and South Lines and the Duval Loop will stop running at noon Monday.
- All City offices will be closed on Tuesday, July 6.
- The special City Commission meeting Tuesday is cancelled and will be held Monday July 12th at 5 p.m.
- Monday trash pickup will proceed as normal. Put bins away before Monday afternoon.
- Tuesday trash pickup will be delayed. Do not put out trash for Tuesday pickup until the storm has passed on Tuesday.
- Do not put out large items or excess yard waste; it will become a hazard in the storm.
- Key West City parks and the Community Pool will close at noon on Monday.
- July 4th fireworks display is NOT cancelled.
The City of Key West has opened an information hotline at 305-809-1101. In addition, Monroe County has up-to-date information at on their emergency management webpage.