Economic Hardship 


In cases of undue economic hardship, the Tree Commission may reduce the required tree plantings needed for permit issuance.


  1. Currently receives fixed income benefits such as social security, aid to families with dependent children, or private pension benefits.  The total household income is below 80% of the median income for the city.  The rates can be accessed here.  Only the owner-occupied rates apply, not the rental rates.
  2. Currently receives assistance through the mayor's revolving loan fund, rental rehabilitation program, or another program that is income-indexed and provides for physical improvements to the subject property or
  3. The applicant corporation currently has tax-exempt status as a nonprofit corporation under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.

Economic Hardship Affidavit

The applicant must submit a Tree Commission Application with the Economic Hardship Affidavit.  The affidavit requires affirmation by a notary public to certify the applicant meets the above criteria with the submitted information.

Application for Economic Hardship